Friday, March 20, 2009

Saying "I Love You"

If you have ever been in Love, you know how wonderful it is to hear that person say, "I Love You". And if have ever been in Love, you know how wonderful it is to tell that person that you love them. I can not remember that last time I have said that or heard that said to me from a lover.

I have plenty of memories of saying it to "her" and I can still hear "her" saying it to me, but it all seems so far away. The strongest vision I have is laying next to her, staring into those beautiful green eyes, my hand gently caressing her left cheek and neck, feeling her body against mine and saying, "I love you baby". And her looking back at me, her legs tightening against mine, her eyes closing as she softly said those three amazing words. She would often close her eyes when she said that.

If I had the time, I would say it 86,400 times a day so that she knew I loved her every second of every day. When things were good I said, "I Love You" every time we kissed, every time we talked, every moment we met, every time we were apart and many times in between. My love for her felt as if it was bursting out of my chest and I had to tell her to survive. And when times were bad, I never stopped loving her and told her up until that final day. Not the day that she made me move out, not the day she broke up with me, but the day that the pain had overtaken my life and I had to say goodbye forever. No more texts, no more emails, no more phone calls, no more visits. A pain that was so bad that the site of her would make my eyes burn, hearing her voice would make my ears ring and any physical contact would cause my heart to explode. I just couldn't do it anymore.

I want to fall in love again. I want to have someone in my life to love me and to have me love them. Someone to know how much love I have and how much love that I can give them. A love that runs deep within me. A love that you can see when you look into my eyes. A love that you can taste on your lips when I kiss you. A love that you can feel when I make love to you. I want to hear it. I need to hear it. I have to say it.

I have made mistakes, said the wrong things, been selfish, and been untruthful. But I was never unfaithful, never abusive and never stopped loving you.

I want to be loved again. I want to be able to love again. There has to be someone out there for me. Someone that wants to be loved. Someone that wants to be held tightly, kissed passionately, and loved unconditionally.


Hold me and I will hold you like I never want to let you go. Kiss me and I will kiss you softly all night long. Love me and I will Love you forever.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Where were you about 12 years ago?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I think I forgot what love is, since I was young I dream of finding someone I can share all the love that runs within me, and the burning desire to be loved unfortunately and wrongly found hostility and indifference, a spontaneous “I Love you” I have not heard in years, I think I've forgotten how to love and be loved. lovely and refreshing to see that still exist romantic souls in this world, that is not just a fantasy.

    ReplyDelete